Position: Logistics Executive
Department: cotton / container
Experience Level: Entry Level (0-2 years of related experience)
Location: Glenview, IL
Hang Tung Resources (USA) Limited offers an entry level position for potential candidates who are looking for comprehensive practices of global agricultural commodity trading market. This position works under Hang Tung’s container department – cotton specifically, primarily arrange logistics for domestic and export of purchases and sales, present documentation under the contracts, communicate with all involved parties around the world for contract details and related execution as well as other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with truckers, forwarders, warehouses, controller, and other related parties to move spot commodities to destination, while meeting customer’s requirements and minimizing the costs of storage and transportation. Get updates of quotations to optimize better transportation options. – 50%
- Follow up each shipment from the beginning of purchase till arrival to destination, record every move for in house tracking purpose. Use specific software (Three River) to manage inventory from purchase step till the end, which request to key in all happened costs in the system. – 15%
- Help provide with accurate logistic information prior to contract signed, then handle and present documentation as per contract or letter of credit advised, have proper paperwork ready prior to shipment loaded in order to apply for official certificate, provide with necessary customer information to relevant party in a time limit due to different countries’ regulations. – 20%
- Cooperate with accounting department to issue credit note, debit note and check all billings, to close each file after receivable and payable are completed. – 15%
- Familiar with incoterms and trade terms to arrange shipments case by case, knowing responsibility of each different term.
- Other duties will be assigned further if in need.
- Bachelor’s degrees or higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Detail oriented, accuracy and multitasking are required
- Self-motivated to take responsibility and handle problems
- Able to perform work on own, or teamwork if necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Willing and able to be reached after regular hours and work overtime with overseas if necessary
- Able to travel for business purpose if necessary
Preference will be given to those who has…
- Experience in logistics
- Bilingual (written & spoken Mandarin)
- Experience in commodity trading industry
Citizenship Status: No requirement but successful candidates must be able to complete a Form I-9 and submit supporting documentation in accordance with US law.
- Competitive Salary
- Visa sponsorship if needed
- Paid vacation leave, sick leave
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Relocation reimbursement based on need
- Year-end bonus depends on personal and department performance
- Occasionally fun activities and group activities
For anyone who is interested and qualified, please email resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org